Responsibilities: The sous chef will:
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
- Train and lead kitchen personnel
- Supervise/coordinate culinary activities in support of the Executive Chef
- Estimate food consumption and requisition
- Purchase food as directed by Executive Chef
- Manage labor as directed by Executive Chef
- Execute standardized recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Establish presentation techniques and quality standards
- Assist in planning and pricing daily special
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance
- May oversee special catering events
- Offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques
- Directly supervise kitchen personnel
Special qualifications: The ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services. Ecological awareness, education and experience are essential to success in this role.
Experience: Previous experience with controlling food and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, and pricing and development of the culinary team. Premise and liability accountability is desirable.
Education: The ideal candidate will possess an associates degree from a culinary program/food management program
Core competencies: Leadership, Management, Planning.
Experience: 2+ years experience in a kitchen position. demonstrates knowledge of current restaurant industry trends, must possess culinary creativity, strong knowledge of local, state and federal food sanitation regulations, comfortable providing direction and supervision to kitchen staff.